Saturday, August 4, 2012

Rain

Today was another day for house hunting. And these were actually more like houses than apartments which was cool, but it is not cool when the basement is a dungeon and the attic has demons. You think I am joking. I am not. There was one that was super cool that I military family was living in it right now and were trying to move back onto the base. The problem we saw is that it was WAY TO BIG! We may have found the place but that is for another post...

It was sprinkling a bit outside which is normal here it will do that for like a minute and then stop. There was this Chinese place on base that we wanted to try out, but it was on the opposite side of the base so we had a ways to walk. We started going and  at about the half way point it started to rain more, and then it poured as if someone dumped a bucket of water on your head. It stayed that way til we reached the Chinese place. Cole started ringing out his clothes, and I looked at myself looked at the Chinese place, and just felt embarrassed. Mostly because this lady walked out looked at me as if I was a filthy dog and said, "Get caught in the rain?" I thought no duh. But I just didn't know what to do. I felt awful and I was not going in the nice place looking how I was. So I told Cole I love you and I want you (I really did want him too) to go in and eat and I will meet you back at the hotel. So I started walking back and the rain had died away. But I was freezing cold, I all I wanted was to be warm. Half way back I thought about turning around and going back to Cole, but I was feeling sick ALREADY! I wasn't wearing a jacket because I didn't think I needed one I didn't know it was going to rain like it did. So I kept going. As I get closer and can see the hotel this nice guy pulls up in his black BMW with black leather seats asking if he could give me a ride anywhere, I looked at him as if he was an idiot! I am soaking wet and you have leather seats! He was really sweet, so I kindly declined because it was so close. I knew he could tell how cold I was because I saw him pass by U-turn and come back then asked. There were probably 3 people that passed and he stopped. Anyway, people. So when I returned to the hotel I opened the door and Cole was right there! I asked him how he got there before me, and he said he took a different road and ran as fast as he could. I felt bad because he didn't get his Chinese food that he wanted so bad, but was grateful for the hot chocolate. Being warm is good. Now to continue watching MoneyBall.

No comments:

Post a Comment