Friday, October 3, 2014

French Braiding Your Own Hair

Okay so this is the post I was going to post last time, and then totally went off topic. So I will try to stick to the point this time around.

This last week I have been sick. Not sure with what. And it hasn't been anything serious. I caught this, let's call it a cold, from Cole. Which is totally weird because usually he gets sick from me, I always manage to catch anything and everything that is going around. This cold was hitting Cole a different way everyday. Day 1- Sudden sore throat. Day 2- Headache. Day 3- Sinus. Day 4- Coughing. And so on and so forth.

By the time Cole had reached day 4 we realized that I was not sick! And what a miracle it was! I was happy. I have lots to do now. I don't have time to be sick! But alas, later that night I procured a sudden, completely out of no where, sore throat. And so began the misery of this illness.

I think the thing that was worse about this illness was that I was all alone. Cole had started 12 hour night shifts, so anytime he was home he was asleep. I didn't want to do anything. I literally spent an entire day in my bed watching Netflix. Sometimes it is necessary. *Shout out to Wendy for making me homemade chicken noodle soup. I ate it all by myself.

So right now you are probably thinking I have gone off topic. I haven't this is where the french braiding comes in.

I don't know about you, but when I am sick my hair is the last thing I want to deal with. I want it out of my face, off of my neck, and not hurting my head. So the other day I put 2 french braids in my hair. Nothing fancy. One on the right, one on the left side of my head. There is no picture because it was not pretty. By the time I had finished and was finally able to put my arms down again (I don't know why hair is so exhausting on the arms) I noticed that there was a very small section in the back of my hair that didn't make it in the braid. I was frustrated, but didn't care no one was gonna see it. I couldn't see it it was on the back of my head! I just pushed it into my braid, and laid down. But it got me thinking. How much better it would have been if my mom, or even my grandma had braided my hair. I have many memories with me and my grandma playing with each others hair. I also have moments when I think, "What on earth was I thinking?" When I had my mom braid my hair before bed so the next day I could go out IN PUBLIC like this:

Man, I do miss the 90s. Good time, good times. And the answer is yes, my brother and I were both crazy when we were younger. Kevin was the only one who grew out of it.

So there it is the point of the post. Was pretty much I wanted my mom to take care of me whilst I was sick. And come braid my hair. Love you mom! Thanks for all the times you braided my hair.

<3

6 comments:

  1. Love the picture! I wish you were here to braid my hair this week - I'm sick too!
    - mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That picture made me cry! I love reading your words Katie because I can hear you when you write and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you were sick. I would love to braid your hair again...and you could brush mine (too short for braids). By the way, we are praying for Alaska.

    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete